I decided to set my alarm a couple of hours earlier this morning in order to fit some yoga practice and a shower in before heading into work. It’s definitely getting colder outside! 9 hours of work later and I’m back in my room doing some work preparation.
Considering it’s Sunday I thought I’d give you a healthy cookie recipe which is low in fat and sugar to pop in your lunch box this week. Mind you, these cookies don’t go hard like normal ones but stay soft and really moist. Also, I can’t bake after a recipe .. I basically just mix in what I think will fit and arrange the proportions thereafter… but I’ve done my best to get relatively accurate proportions.
- oats (main ingredient)
- 2-3 tablespoons of self raising flour or 1 tsp of baking powder and more oats
- 2 mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- argave syrup or molasses (healthier alternative to sugar/golden syrup)
- Dollop of half-fat creme fraishe or if you’re lactose intolerant like me soy-yoghurt or cream
- 1 table spoon of olive oil or coconut fat
- A filling of your choice: dark chocolate, raisins, nuts, dried fruit, sugar-free jam (put less argarve syrup in) peanut butter etc.
Alternatively you can add some protein powder or protein flour to increase the protein content. Just mix all the ingredients together and pop in the oven at around 175 degrees for 10-15 min (until golden brown).. Makes around 15 cookies depending on size. makes a healthier substitute for your daily bag of crisps, chocolate bar, flap-jack or cereal bar.